Meet Dr. Shumate
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship
- Nova Southeastern University and Broward Health Medical Center – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- Board Eligible with American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Indiana Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists
- American Dental Society
- Indiana Dental Association
- First District Dental Society
- Deaconess Hospital Evansville, Indiana
- St. Vincent Medical Center Evansville, Indiana
Dr. Robert Shumate was born and raised in the red rock deserts of Southwestern Utah. After earning his Bachelor of Science Degree at the University of Utah in 2007, he obtained his dental degree at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine in June 2012. Immediately following his dental school training he completed a one year internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center finishing in June 2013.
Dr. Shumate completed his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Ft. Lauderdale, FL at Nova Southeastern University and Broward Health Medical Center graduating in June 2017.
When Dr. Shumate is not at the hospital or the clinic, he is likely spending time with his wife April (a North Carolina native), their sons Jack and Henry or their three dogs Tater Tot, Olive Oyl, and Biscuit. He hopes to one day find a hobby, and is open to suggestions!